It's been so quite lately that I've decided to throw in a little challenge. Or inspiration. Here's the deal, below are a bunch of one-liners someone sent me some time ago. I've 'adapted' some of them slightly to fit better in the 'Herc' universe, but that's all. If one of them inspires you to some cool fic, great! But, the more you use the more brownie points you get.
Yeah, I know, it's been done before but what do you expect of me, in August, during a heatwave, with fic-withdrawel symptoms - originality? :)
So, here are the 'liners:
1. Save the whales. Collect the whole set.
2. I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.
3. 99 percent of the Gods give the rest a bad name.
4. I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
5. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
6. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
7. I live way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
8. Support bacteria, they're the only culture some people have.
9. Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7 of your life.
10. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
11. Change is inevitable, except from traveling merchants/Salmoneus.
12. I almost had a clairvoyant girlfriend but she left me before we met.
13. OK, so what's the speed of dark?
14. How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?
15. If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
16. Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
17. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
18. Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
19. What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
20. I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.
21. I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.
22. Why do clairvoyants have to ask you for your name?
Broken links or other errors can be sent to the Archivist
. Suggestions are also welcome.